Thursday, December 21, 2017

A few photos from Entry Run


I drove up to Entry Run in Greene County on Tuesday.  Didn't see anything out of the ordinary, but I got some nice photos worth posting.

Above and below, brushlegged mayfly, Isonychia sp. (probably bicolor).


I still hope to find a nymph with single forecoxal gills -- not sure it's going to happen.  All of the Isonychiidae I've found so far have a "cluster of filaments" at the forecoxae, meaning I can't ID them to the level of species.  On this nymph, those gills show up in this live photo, no need to go to the microscope.

_________________

I wasn't at all surprised to see some of our winter casemakers, a Lepidostomatidae,


and a Thremmatidae (formerly Uenoidae), Neophylax consimilis.

__________________

And, to my surprise, I also found a spiny crawler, Ephemerella subvaria, the nymph of "many colors."



There was one odd thing about this one: the pointed tubercles on terga 5, 6, and 7 were pale colored.


I'm pretty sure that on the nymphs that I've found previously, those tubercles were all black.  Strange.  I plan to look into this.  Probably just a local variation.

1 comment:



  1. شركة تنظيف فلل شركة ركن الأمانة الشركة التي تقوم بكافة خدمات التنظيف لذلك سوف توفر لعملائها الكرام خدمة تنظيف فلل بأبها وخميس مشيط في المملكة العربية السعودية عليكم بالتواصل معنا عبر خدماتنا التالية

    شركة تنظيف فلل بابها
    شركة تنظيف فلل بخميس مشيط
    كما يوجد ليدنا ايضا شركة تنظيف برجال المع
    شركة تنظيف بشرورة

    ReplyDelete